At Roof Life of Oregon, we use only the best quality products for your new roof. That’s why we’re proud to offer CertainTeed shingles.
When you choose CertainTeed shingles, you’ll get:
- More than 300 shingle options. Have a preference for the historic look of Victorian-inspired carriage house shingles? Or the unique design that comes with TL shingles? With a CertainTeed roofing, you can find just about any combination of style and color shingle you want for your home.
- Industry-leading environmental standards. Few other companies create shingles as great looking and as sustainable as CertainTeed. All CertainTeed roofing products are designed to be environmentally friendly and energy efficient, and help reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible.
- Unbeatable warranties. A good warranty helps give you peace of mind that your roofing investment is covered in case something happens down the road. With CertainTeed shingles, you get between a one- and five-year contractor warranty (on the installation) and anywhere from a 20-year to limited-lifetime manufacturer warranty (on the shingles).
Types of Asphalt Shingles
CertainTeed offers 3 types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-tab shingles: Sometimes called strip shingles, 3-tab shingles are the most basic type of asphalt shingle. Made of a single layer of asphalt, strip shingles have a flat appearance and look similar to slate shingles.
- Dimensional shingles: Also called architectural or laminate shingles, dimensional shingles have at least 2 layers of asphalt to give your roof a thicker, multi-dimensional appearance. Dimensional shingles are designed to look like wood shake and natural slate roofing.
- Luxury shingles: The highest quality of laminate shingles, luxury shingles offer a classier look and better weather protection than dimensional shingles. Luxury shingles are also designed to look like wood shake and natural slate roofing, but look more realistic than dimensional shingles.
“Each step of the process went so well; it was done professionally, with no damage whatsoever inside or out.”Fredric & Candace R.
“I was extremely pleased and have consequently made 2 referrals based on my experience with them.”James S.
“From the office staff, estimator, the labors, I got great feedback friendly service and no one else has come close to their service.”Judy C.
“They’re as good as any out there and you won’t have to worry about something not being done correctly.”Mike H.
“As a company, they had superior communication, emailed prices and invoices in a timely manner, and did what they said they would do on time.”Gail T.
“Dustin and Amerigo were courteous, professional, and very responsive.”Roger C.
Asphalt shingles offer:
- Durability: Strip shingles usually last 10–20 years, dimensional shingles between 15 and 20 years, and luxury shingles can last upwards of 30 years.
- Weather-resistant technology: Dimensional and luxury shingles can withstand winds up to 130mph. You can also choose asphalt shingles that offer algae-resistance and hail-resistance technology. Plus, asphalt shingles are naturally fire-resistant, making them a safe choice in areas in danger of wildfires.
- Energy efficiency: Certain asphalt shingles come with advanced technology that reflect heat from the sun, helping keep your home cooler and your air conditioning bills down. Not to mention, light-colored shingles will help deflect sunlight more than darker colors.
- Various design options: In addition to the 3 different styles, asphalt shingles come in various shapes and just about any color you want—from light grey or green to beige or red.
Certainteed doesn’t let just any company become a CertainTeed ShingleMaster. To earn this qualification:
We have either:
- Employed one Shingle Quality Specialist™ and will make sure to have a roofing crew of at least one supervisor and 2 installers who are Master Shingle Applicator-qualified.
- Completed a CertainTeed ShingleMaster Credential Course and employed a Master Shingle Applicator.
- Our owner signed and agreed to follow a code of ethics, which includes completing work in a timely, professional manner and addressing any customer complaints with courtesy—which we’ll of course do even if you don’t do with CertainTeed shingles.
Let Us Install CertainTeed Roofing on Your Home
Call us at (503) 461-2665 or fill out the form below to get a quote to install CertainTeed shingles on your roof.
Being ShingleMaster qualified means we’ll install your new CertainTeed shingles with the utmost care and precision. Plus, we’ve been roofing homes since 1983, so you can trust us—like many other Portland homeowners have—to do the job right the first time around.
1. Family Owned & Operated Since 1983Roof Life of Oregon is a 39-year-old, family-owned and operated, full-service residential roofing business.
2. Licensed & Insured TechniciansRoof Life is officially licensed and fully insured for your protection. We are certified installers for all types of roofing products.
3. Dependable, Experienced & Caring TeamWe will treat your home with respect and the personal attention it deserves. Our technicians work quickly and efficiently, including daily cleanup, for the duration of your project.
4. Service After the Sale Guarantee
Excluding acts of God, your roof will not falter from normal, everyday exposure. In the unlikely event that your roof encounters any workmanship challenges, we will make any necessary repairs absolutely free within 24 hours of being alerted of the issue.