Comprehensive Residential Roofing Services
Any roof will eventually start showing signs of deterioration. Some locations will deteriorate roofs faster than others—especially places with wet climates like we have here in Portland. Many people don’t think about their roof until there’s already a problem, such as leaks, visible damage, or other issues.
A roof inspection can help catch minor concerns before they turn into massive problems. Our roofing company recommends annual inspections during either the spring or fall, so you know your roof is ready to handle the more intense weather of summer and winter.
Why Is Roof Inspection Important?
Roof inspection is essential for several reasons, as it plays a crucial role in maintaining overall health and integrity of your home.
Here are the key reasons why roof inspection is important:
- Identifies damage, leaks, and wear and tear
- Extends the roof's lifespan
- Prevents water damage and related issues
- May be required for insurance purposes
- Improves energy efficiency
- Enhances safety and reduces accidents
- Adds value to the property
- Ensures compliance with local regulations
Roof inspections in Portland are crucial to protect your investment and ensure your home's safety. They help identify damage and leaks early, extending your roof's lifespan and preventing costly issues. Contact Roof Life of Oregon for professional roof inspection services.
At Roof Life of Oregon, our roof inspections include the following:
- Attic ventilation: Improper ventilation can cause your roof to deteriorate faster than it should. We’ll inspect your roof ventilation so you know it’s effectively expelling heat and moisture from your attic.
- Shingles/shakes/tiles: Our residential roofing company will inspect your shingles to make sure you don’t have any moss growth or shingles that are loose, broken, or missing.
- Water stains and signs of leakage: Our team will let you know if your roof shows any water stains or signs of leaks (stained wood, rusty nails, etc.). You’ll want to have that area inspected and repaired ASAP to prevent more roof damage down the road.
- Decking: The wooden boards beneath the shingles that make up the frame of your roof can eventually start deteriorating—even faster in the wet climate of Portland. We’ll make sure your decking is structurally sound and that you don’t need a roof replacement.
- Penetrations and skylights: We’ll take a look at skylights and any other roof penetrations (exhaust vents, pipes, etc.) to make sure everything is properly sealed and any associated rubber boots are still in good condition.
- Chimney: Our roofing company will make sure that the flashing is keeping water from the base of the chimney, the mortar is still keeping moisture out, and the cap is diverting water from the masonry. If we notice any issues, we can give you a quote for a chimney repair.
- Gutters: Clogged or poorly designed gutters don’t effectively remove water from your roof, which can eventually cause fungal growth and structural damage. We can clean your gutters to help minimize roof damage and make your home look cleaner.
If you’re looking for a team that is as knowledgeable as they are kind and proactive, Roof Life of Oregon is the choice for you. Contact us today to experience the difference for yourself.Get a Free Quote
- Cedar shake: Cedar shakes are one of the most durable roof types in Oregon, but they require a lot of maintenance to ensure they last 50+ years.
- Asphalt shingles: Asphalt shingles are one of the most common roof types, but don’t last as long as others. Regular inspections will help them last as long as possible.
- Composite tile: Composite tiles stand up great against inclement weather and are resistant to fungal growth, but we still recommend regular maintenance and inspections to avoid surprise issues.
- Metal: Stone-coated metal roofs are durable against the elements (wind, hail, snow/ice, etc.) but still need regular inspections to make sure the shingles haven’t dented or broken.
Schedule a Free Roof Inspection Today
Call Roof Life of Oregon at (503) 461-2665 or fill out our online contact form to get a free quote for your roof inspection. We’ll inspect your entire roof to make sure everything is up to par. We’ll also let you know of anything that could cause problems down the road, so you can make sure to prevent the issue before it becomes an expensive repair.
How long does a roof inspection take?
The length of your inspection generally depends on the condition of your roof. If you have maintained a regular inspection or maintenance schedule, or if your roof is relatively new and in good condition, we can finish your inspection in less than a few hours. Older roofs and those that have more damage will require a bit longer to get to the bottom of any issues.
Once our inspection is complete, we will let you know about your options to repair any damage, or, if necessary, recommend a replacement. You can trust that we will never sell you something you don’t need and our honest inspections include time to answer all of your questions and concerns and find a solution that works for your budget.
What kind of issues will inspectors look for?We perform a thorough evaluation that looks for signs of damage and deterioration. Our team will check for missing shingles, shakes, or tiles. We’ll look for soft spots, holes, and leaks. We’ll check between your roofing material for algae or moss growth, while looking at the condition of the tar or roof cement. We will also check your gutters, chimney, vents, and skylights to ensure there is no water intrusion. Finally, our team will inspect your decking for any signs of weakness or deterioration.
How often should you have your roof inspected?To prolong the life of your roof and ensure it is doing its job in keeping your home well protected, our professionals recommend regular annual inspections in the milder months of spring or autumn. This way you can rest easier knowing your roof is ready for the harsher weather that comes in the hottest and coldest months of the year.
“Each step of the process went so well; it was done professionally, with no damage whatsoever inside or out.”Fredric & Candace R.
“I was extremely pleased and have consequently made 2 referrals based on my experience with them.”James S.
“From the office staff, estimator, the labors, I got great feedback friendly service and no one else has come close to their service.”Judy C.
“They’re as good as any out there and you won’t have to worry about something not being done correctly.”Mike H.
“As a company, they had superior communication, emailed prices and invoices in a timely manner, and did what they said they would do on time.”Gail T.
“Dustin and Amerigo were courteous, professional, and very responsive.”Roger C.
1. Family Owned & Operated Since 1983Roof Life of Oregon is a 40-year-old, family-owned and operated, full-service residential roofing business.
2. Licensed & Insured TechniciansRoof Life is officially licensed and fully insured for your protection. We are certified installers for all types of roofing products.
3. Dependable, Experienced & Caring TeamWe will treat your home with respect and the personal attention it deserves. Our technicians work quickly and efficiently, including daily cleanup, for the duration of your project.
4. Service After the Sale Guarantee
Excluding acts of God, your roof will not falter from normal, everyday exposure. In the unlikely event that your roof encounters any workmanship challenges, we will make any necessary repairs absolutely free within 24 hours of being alerted of the issue.