Roof Maintenance in Portland, OR
Detailed Residential Roof Care
The simple truth is that regular roof care is always less expensive than roof repairs or replacements brought on by neglect. Regular roof maintenance can extend the life of your roof by 30-50%. It all starts with your free well-care checkup from Roof Life of Oregon.
Receive your free estimate on comprehensive residential roof maintenance in Portland by calling (503) 461-2665 or contacting us online today!
My Roof is Unmaintainable. Do I Need to Re-Roof?
If you’ve been told by someone in town that your roof is shot and you need to re-roof, give Roof Life of Oregon a call for a second opinion. You could save yourself thousands of dollars just by waiting a few years.
We know there are some folks out there that want to take advantage of people. They’re going to tell you to put a new roof on your house just because they know you really don’t know the difference. But we’re not those folks. We’re a roof maintenance company that replaces roofs when they finally wear out.
If we come out to your home for a well-care checkup and find that your roof is unmaintainable, that doesn’t mean we’re going to tell you to replace it right away. You might be able to wait two to five years without doing anything. Sometimes working on a roof when it’s close to a shot could send it backward, forcing you into re-roofing prematurely. So you might just get to wait it out without doing any maintenance at all. In a few years, whenever the roof is completely worn out and you feel good about it, call the office, let the front office know that we were there a couple of years ago, and get on our replacement specialist’s schedule. We’ll then do a full attic inspection and quote you any roof you’d like.
We look at about thirty roofs a day and they are all at different degrees of degradation. Some are completely worn out, some have a few years left, and some just need a good well-care program to that they can look beautiful and stay healthy for years to come.
Call Roof Life of Oregon at (503) 461-2665 for an honest, straightforward answer about what your roof needs.
“Each step of the process went so well; it was done professionally, with no damage whatsoever inside or out.”Fredric & Candace R.
“I was extremely pleased and have consequently made 2 referrals based on my experience with them.”James S.
“From the office staff, estimator, the labors, I got great feedback friendly service and no one else has come close to their service.”Judy C.
“They’re as good as any out there and you won’t have to worry about something not being done correctly.”Mike H.
“As a company, they had superior communication, emailed prices and invoices in a timely manner, and did what they said they would do on time.”Gail T.
“Dustin and Amerigo were courteous, professional, and very responsive.”Roger C.
Signs Your Roof Is in Need of Maintenance
When was the last time you had your roof inspected or maintained? If you can’t remember, that’s a good sign you will need to schedule a maintenance appointment, as in the long period without a service, many issues could have occurred that could threaten the structure of your roof.
Additionally, if you’ve notices any of the following, call our team for roof maintenance in Portland:
- Dark stains on your ceilings or walls, which indicate water intrusion or leaks
- Blown off shingle or shakes in your yard, or missing shingles on your roof
- Cracked or damaged tiles, gutters, or other areas around your roof
- Algae or moss growth around the edges of your roof or in your attic
- Large branches or other debris on your roof
You may also want to consider a maintenance appointment after a strong wind, rain, or ice storm. Bad weather is one of the biggest culprits for damage and needed repairs, but properly maintaining your roof with help from our team can not only protect your home before or after a storm, it can also prolong its lifespan, saving you on repair and replacement costs in the future.
Our Roof Maintenance Checklist for Portland Homeowners
Keeping a roof maintenance checklist for each season of the year can help prevent roof emergencies like leaks and replacements. Here’s what you should know.
If you’re looking for a team that is as knowledgeable as they are kind and proactive, Roof Life of Oregon is the choice for you. Contact us today to experience the difference for yourself.Get a Free Quote
Portland Area Roof Cleaning
Don’t worry, we’ll do the dirty work! Cleaning and protecting a roof is a dangerous job. One of our Portland roof cleaning technicians will be happy to do the difficult work for you.
First, if there are any pre-existing conditions present, such as missing shakes, shingles, or tiles; a hole; soft spots; or leaks, we will suggest a preliminary repair. We will then get to work thoroughly cleaning your roof using quality products and time-tested techniques to help maintain your roof and lengthen its lifespan.
During our cleaning services, we will also thoroughly clean your gutters and remove any moss we find. This can help prevent heavy puddles and leaks, maintain the structure of your roof, and prevent deterioration.
Our residential roof cleaning process includes:
- A Gentler Method: Roofs with heavy debris and moderate growth of moss and fungus can be maintained by compressed air that will blow off all tree debris. We will then repair any damage uncovered and apply a self-cleaning treatment.
- Self-Cleaning: Roofs that sit in the open may suffer from moss and fungus growth and direct sun exposure. Our exclusive products can help maintained your roof without pressure washing.
- The Dennco Difference: Our roofing company has the exclusive license for the Portland area to use Dennco Chemical Company’s patented shake, composition, and tile preservatives. These chemicals are non-toxic, environmentally-friendly, and highly effective at extending the life of your roof by killing moss and fungus and keeping them from coming back. Roof cleaning has never been easier than with Dennco!
How Often Do I Need a Roof Cleaning?
This is a common question from local homeowners. For asphalt and tile, you should schedule a cleaning every three years. Cedar should be cleaned every five years, depending on your home’s unique environment. Your home needs a sensible roof maintenance program, which is why we recommend a free well-care roof inspection every three to five years.
Roof Life of Oregon is happy to inspect your roof for potential maintenance problems at no cost or obligation to you. And we only recommend repairs or replacement when absolutely necessary.
If you live under and around trees, we will give you a yearly reminder to have the debris blown off of their roof and out of gutters. In between roof inspections, call us if you hear a thud on your roof, see something out of the ordinary, or find shakes or shingles in your yard.
Schedule Your Free Roof Inspection
Regular roof maintenance will give you greater peace of mind that your home, and the people in it, will be protected for years to come. Roof Life of Oregon will help your roof stand strong, look good, and last longer.
Call us at (503) 461-2665 or contact our team online to schedule your free inspection and estimate today!
1. Family Owned & Operated Since 1983Roof Life of Oregon is a 39-year-old, family-owned and operated, full-service residential roofing business.
2. Licensed & Insured TechniciansRoof Life is officially licensed and fully insured for your protection. We are certified installers for all types of roofing products.
3. Dependable, Experienced & Caring TeamWe will treat your home with respect and the personal attention it deserves. Our technicians work quickly and efficiently, including daily cleanup, for the duration of your project.
4. Service After the Sale Guarantee
Excluding acts of God, your roof will not falter from normal, everyday exposure. In the unlikely event that your roof encounters any workmanship challenges, we will make any necessary repairs absolutely free within 24 hours of being alerted of the issue.