Moss removal in Portland is essential to the maintenance of your home. Roof Life of Oregon is thorough, efficient, and clean so that your daily life is not interrupted. Moss can do a lot of damage to your roof, and if it’s not properly taken care of, excessive moss growth may lead to expensive repairs or even a replacement.
Potential damage can include:
- Loose shingles: As moss underneath shingles grows thicker, it lifts the shingles and causes them to become loose.
- Stripping protective oils: Asphalt shingles have oils that hold the top layer of granules in place. Moss strips these oils, which causes the granules to erode.
- Wood rot: Moss absorbs and retains water, causing the wet moss underneath the shingles to rest on the roof’s wood frame.
- Additional weight: The water that moss retains when it rains can add a lot of additional weight to your roof and will eventually need reinforcing or repairing.
- Blocked gutters: Like other debris, moss can grow thick enough to clog your gutters, preventing them from carrying water off your roof as they should.
“Each step of the process went so well; it was done professionally, with no damage whatsoever inside or out.”Fredric & Candace R.
“I was extremely pleased and have consequently made 2 referrals based on my experience with them.”James S.
“From the office staff, estimator, the labors, I got great feedback friendly service and no one else has come close to their service.”Judy C.
“They’re as good as any out there and you won’t have to worry about something not being done correctly.”Mike H.
“As a company, they had superior communication, emailed prices and invoices in a timely manner, and did what they said they would do on time.”Gail T.
“Dustin and Amerigo were courteous, professional, and very responsive.”Roger C.
The first step in our moss removal treatment in Portland is to prepare the roof by removing any debris, including inside your gutters. The next step is to treat your roof with one of our two special roof moss treatments.
Each is designed for your specific roof type. All of our roof moss treatments use non-toxic, environmentally friendly, and fast-acting chemicals to extend the life of your roof.
The Dennco Difference
We’ve never kept it a secret. There are a lot of other products that people have been using on local roofs, but Dennco is how our team is able to guarantee that your roof won’t be growing a carpet of moss anytime soon after treatment.
Because cedar is the most absorbent, our treatments will keep moss off a cedar roof for five years, guaranteed. Composition and tile are less porous than natural wood, so treatment will keep your roof moss free for up to three years.
Other Moss Removal Options
There are several other moss control products out on the market, but we choose not to use them for several reasons. They’re not environmentally friendly, they corrode your roofing components, and are not backed or warrantied by the application manufacturer.
If you’re looking for a team that is as knowledgeable as they are kind and proactive, Roof Life of Oregon is the choice for you. Contact us today to experience the difference for yourself.Get a Free Quote
The best way to control roof moss is to make a habit of regularly scheduled roof maintenance services. Depending on the type of roof your home has and how old it is, you should get a maintenance check every three years for composition shingles, and five years for shake roofs.
Roof Life of Oregon’s No-Moss-Growth Warranty
At Roof Life of Oregon, we believe in doing the job right the first time. Our roofing team is highly trained and skilled in moss treatment and roof repairs. We’re so confident in our process and our special moss treatments that we offer a no-moss-growth warranty to our customers.
Get Rid of Your Moss Today
Learn more about our Portland moss removal services and schedule your free roof inspection today. We are happy to come to your home and give you all the information you need.
How long does moss removal treatment last?The answer to this question depends on what your roof is made of. More absorbent materials, like cedar shake, will hold onto the treatment longer, and your roof will be moss free for five years. Treated less porous asphalt shingles and tiles will remain moss free for three years.
How long does moss removal take?The actual process by our team is relatively quick, and treatment can be completed in one service appointment, in less than a few hours, depending on the condition of your roof. After treatment, the moss growth will die off in about a week.
What are the dangers of DIY moss removal?“Over the counter” or DIY moss removal problems present dangers to both you and your roof. These chemicals are often caustic, corrosive, and bad for your health if not applied with the proper safety measures in place. The chemicals can also degrade your roof materials, leading to the need for premature repairs and replacements. A mossy roof can also be a very slippery surface, which presents a potential slip and fall danger. Our team puts safety at the forefront of everything we do. We know not only how to protect your roof, but keep our team safe while doing so.
1. Family Owned & Operated Since 1983Roof Life of Oregon is a 39-year-old, family-owned and operated, full-service residential roofing business.
2. Licensed & Insured TechniciansRoof Life is officially licensed and fully insured for your protection. We are certified installers for all types of roofing products.
3. Dependable, Experienced & Caring TeamWe will treat your home with respect and the personal attention it deserves. Our technicians work quickly and efficiently, including daily cleanup, for the duration of your project.
4. Service After the Sale Guarantee
Excluding acts of God, your roof will not falter from normal, everyday exposure. In the unlikely event that your roof encounters any workmanship challenges, we will make any necessary repairs absolutely free within 24 hours of being alerted of the issue.