Most roof installations come with 2 types of roof warranty: a manufacturer warranty and a workmanship warranty. Each warranty covers different parts of the installation, and not all Portland roofing companies offer the same quality of warranty.
At Roof Life of Oregon, we take pride not only in the products we install, but also in the work our professionals do. That’s why we offer a lifetime workmanship warranty—on top of the manufacturer warranty—on all roof installations.
We’ll go over each type of roof warranty, so you know what to look for when it’s time to replace your roof.
A manufacturer warranty covers the products used in the roof installation and is provided by the company that made the products.
A manufacturer warranty can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years. This means that if a shingle or other covered material is defective within that time frame, the manufacturer will cover the cost of replacing it.
That said, to be eligible to claim a manufacturer warranty, the roof must be installed and maintained in a very specific way, which means it’s usually pretty easy for the manufacturer to deny a claim. Plus, after the warranty time period has ended, you normally get less coverage as time goes on.
Most manufacturer warranties also don’t cover damage from:
- Normal wear and tear (from regular maintenance, repairs, etc.)
- Moss growth (Good thing we offer a no-moss growth warranty!)
We know how stressful it can be dealing with a manufacturer warranty, which is why we handle those claims for you. We also make sure you don’t have to deal with any workmanship issues.
A workmanship warranty covers any issues related to the roof installation. Many Portland roof companies offer a one-year workmanship warranty, which is usually a sign of poor-quality work.
At Roof Life of Oregon, we offer a lifetime workmanship warranty on all roof installations. We believe in doing the job right, which is why:
- We pay our professionals by the hour. Many companies pay by the job, which encourages workers to cut corners. By paying hourly, we emphasize the importance of quality and doing the job right the first time.
- Our crew chiefs and production managers make sure things are done smoothly and correctly. For example, after removing your old roof, we re-space and re-nail the existing plywood that has become loose after expanding and contracting for decades. Unlike other Portland roofing companies, we make sure everything is tight and ready to support the new shingles before laying anything down.
- We use quality products to help your roof last as long as possible. The underlayment we put on top of the plywood is fiberglass reinforced. It allows the moisture in your home to travel through it without wrinkling, which is what happens with other, cheaper underlayments. We also put ice and water shields on your valleys and hips, which are the most common places you’ll get ice and wind damage.
- Our workmanship warranty is transferable to the new buyer if you sell your home. The warranty can only be transferred once, but would be good for 10 years.
Both Types of Roof Warranty is Best
Call us at (503) 925-0125 or fill out the form below to get a quote for your roof installation and hear your roof warranty options.
We know the importance of having your roof covered from all sides. That’s why we favor quality products that have a solid manufacturer warranty and back our hard work with a lifetime workmanship warranty.