Your roof protects your home, but what’s protecting your roof? Shingles are your roof’s first line of defense against the elements, which is why choosing high-quality shingles is one of the most important decisions you can make when installing a new roof. Malarkey shingles are your best bet for improving the lifespan and safety of your roof.
What Sets Malarkey Roofing Products Apart?
- Local & Family-Owned Company: Malarkey roofing products are manufactured and tested right here in Portland, and the company has been family-operated since 1956.
- Durability: Malarkey’s shingles are crafted with up to 50% more adhesive bonds and double the rain seals of standard shingles, providing added protection against Oregon’s harsh climate. Made of rubberized asphalt, they’re also less susceptible to tears than traditional shingles.
- Impact Resistance: Malarkey shingles have a Class 4 rating when it comes to impact resistance, which is the highest possible rating. This means they are among the most durable options on the market, according to a nationally-recognized, independent testing lab. Many insurance companies will even offer homeowners a discount if their roof uses Class 4 shingles.
- Ease of Installation: Wider than most industry standard shingles, Malarkey shingles have twice the nailing area, which makes them easier to install and less likely to blow away in high winds.
- Sustainability: Designed with the environment in mind, Malarkey shingles bring new life to upcycled rubber and plastic. As a result, each roof prevents roughly five tires and 3,200 plastic bags from entering our landfills. Their shingles are also topped with smog-reducing granules that help clean the air of emission-based pollutants.
- Algae Resistance: Most Malarkey shingles feature Scotchgard™ Protectors to prevent algae growth, which will help maintain the appearance of your roof. This can save you time and money when it comes to roof cleanings.
- Warranty: Malarkey stands behind its products with three levels of manufacturer’s warranties, bringing homeowners peace of mind. (Not to mention that Roof Life offers warranties of its own, providing you with extended coverage!)
- Style & Design: Added bonus – they also look great!
“Each step of the process went so well; it was done professionally, with no damage whatsoever inside or out.”Fredric & Candace R.
“I was extremely pleased and have consequently made 2 referrals based on my experience with them.”James S.
“From the office staff, estimator, the labors, I got great feedback friendly service and no one else has come close to their service.”Judy C.
“They’re as good as any out there and you won’t have to worry about something not being done correctly.”Mike H.
“As a company, they had superior communication, emailed prices and invoices in a timely manner, and did what they said they would do on time.”Gail T.
“Dustin and Amerigo were courteous, professional, and very responsive.”Roger C.
Roof Life of Oregon is Emerald Certified to install Malarkey roofing products. This means that our team has not only been trained to properly install Malarkey’s products, but we’re also eligible to offer the enhanced Emerald Pro Warranty when installing Malarkey shingles and at least three Malarkey accessories.
To become a certified installer of Malarkey roofing products, contractors must:
- Be licensed, bonded and insured (if required by their state)
- In good standing with the Better Business Bureau and Construction Contractors Board
- Have been in business for at least five years (We have that beat by over 30 years!)
- Complete the Malarkey “Steep Slope Roofing Excellence” training
- Complete and pass the Steep Slope application tests
- Conform to local building codes and regulations
- Demonstrate excellent safety standards as outlined within Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) requirements
When it comes to the roofing product market, nothing compares to the craftsmanship, performance and sustainability of Malarkey’s roofing products. And when it comes to installation, our roofing company has the experience, knowledge and accountability you need to know that your roof is in good hands.
Our track record is filled with more than 11,000 property managers and homeowners just like you in the Portland area. We’re so confident in our work that we offer a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty guaranteeing your Malarkey roof installation will be free of defects.
Contact us today to get your free installation quote!
1. Family Owned & Operated Since 1983Roof Life of Oregon is a 39-year-old, family-owned and operated, full-service residential roofing business.
2. Licensed & Insured TechniciansRoof Life is officially licensed and fully insured for your protection. We are certified installers for all types of roofing products.
3. Dependable, Experienced & Caring TeamWe will treat your home with respect and the personal attention it deserves. Our technicians work quickly and efficiently, including daily cleanup, for the duration of your project.
4. Service After the Sale Guarantee
Excluding acts of God, your roof will not falter from normal, everyday exposure. In the unlikely event that your roof encounters any workmanship challenges, we will make any necessary repairs absolutely free within 24 hours of being alerted of the issue.